These tips were on her website/blog M. Flora Peterson and I thought I'd share them with you in hopes that it could help you change your life for the better as well.
- Appreciate all that you have in life – The more you look at what you do have in life; your health, friends, a paying job, etc.. .it is easier to see how much you truly do have to be appreciative of. It can make your problems seem not so big.
- Be very clear about what you want in life – Do you want more free time, more money, to travel, etc…? Once you get clear about what you want in life it is easier to achieve it.
- Write down your goals – Only 8% of the population has goals and only 3% write them down. That 3% are the most successful people in the world.
- Commit to your goals – Once you realize where you are in life, what you want, and have goals, commit to making them happen by taking baby steps towards them.
- Give yourself a break – No one is perfect, we are all Spiritual beings having a human experience. Allow yourselves to make mistakes or “discoveries” every now and then.
- Aim for Harmony instead of Balance in your life – Balance can be nearly impossible to find in modern society and most experts agree that it can’t be achieved. Aiming for harmony is as simple as allowing things to ebb and flow of the lime light of your life knowing when to put things center stage or have them waiting in the wings.
- Create a Spiritual Practice in your life – Whether it is sitting in a temple for an hour of meditation, reading a great book, or walking outside looking up at the stars; create a time in your day to connect with your Spirit and the Divine source in your life. Doing so will help to bring a sense of 'centeredness' in your day and in your mind.
- Find some “Spiritual Running Buddies” - When you have people in your life that support your goals and dreams, you will all benefit! Allow yourself to open up to the few individuals that will support your Spirit!
- Expect Great Things - When you begin your day Expecting great things, that is when you can create miracles every day. Try this for a few weeks and see how your life changes for the better.
- Perform Random Acts of Kindness – This is the quickest way I have found to shift your life, your thoughts, your energy and your outlook. Hands down! If you are having a bad day or just want to see things differently, give someone all the cash you have in your wallet and see the look on their face. Walk into a restaurant and pay for someone’s meal. When you experience that shift in energy your entire perspective about your day shifts! It truly is a blessing!