Negative energy can cloud both your mind and your home. This energy can cause all sorts of problems such as Depression, Moodiness/Anger, Health Problems/Illness, Stress/Anxiety, 'Bad Luck', Feeling Unbalanced, Loosing/Misplacing Objects, Trouble Breathing, Body Aches, Trouble Thinking Clearly, Sluggish/Low Energy, Low Self-Esteem, etc.
It is said by many that Poltergeists are caused by negative energy in the home. And some people experience poltergeist activity during very stressful or emotional times in their life. Unfortunately, experiencing poltergeist activity and not knowing what it is can add to the stress that caused the problem in the first place.
Have you ever cleaned out a closet, or dusted the whole house then felt lighter and happier? Or perhaps you were sick in bed for a few days, then you washed your sheets and took a long shower that made you feel so much better? That is because the act of cleaning helped dispel the old/negative energy that was trapped.
Once and a while I will find myself feeling down or having trouble thinking clearly for no reason. So I use some of the following tips to help clear my head and my home. In fact, Cleaning the house is a great way for me to clear my mind and sort through all my thoughts. Especially when I am upset about something.
- Cleaning: Dusting the house is the easiest way to disperse the energy (Make sure you get into all the corners of every room. Then Sweep or Vacuum the floor really well) For those of you who do not like to clean, you should really give it a try at least once a month. Not only will it help you clear the stuck/old/negative energy, but it will make your living situation a lot nicer/easier/healthier.
- Light Candles: Walk around the house with your candle and shine the light into every dark space in the house (Every corner or closet that natural light does not regularly touch). Make sure to be very careful that the flame does not touch any clothes or curtains. If you do not want to use a candle for safety reasons, Try the next step.
- Natural Light/Air: On a nice day, open your windows wide and let in as much natural light and air as you can. Take a mirror and walk around the house angling the mirror so the light bounces off of it and into and dark corners.
- Burn Incense: Using either a Sage Based Incense, or a Incense you really like the smell of, walk around the house wafting the smoke into corners and closets as you go to each room. (Do not burn incense if you have breathing problems, or you have children/pets in the house. Smoke can cause difficulty breathing in certain individuals.)
- Bells: (This is my favorite). Take a bell or some chimes and walk around the house letting the joyful noise ring through the air. Make sure to get into all the corners of the house. I have finger symbols that I click together and pull apart to let the vibration sound resonate in the area of the room I am working in. This will work with whatever you have, including wind chimes, symbols, bells (I used to use an old Christmas tree decoration), gongs, or even a glass that you gently strike with a fork.
- Salt/Blessed Water: Taking some salt or some Blessed Water and sprinkling it in every corner of a room, as well as under beds and in closets can help disperse negative energy. I do not suggest this if you have kids/pets who may drink or play with the water/salt. An alternative is to put the salt and water into a misting bottle and spritz it around the house.
- Take a Long Bath/Shower: And make sure to lean your entire body, this is not supposed to be a quick jump in the shower to get clean, this is supposed to be a long relaxing cleansing ritual where you take special care cleansing your entire body. I find that using warm water to wash and cool water to rinse does the best job of cleansing and waking up the mind and body.
- Exercise: Nothing is worse then sitting in the same spot for too long and your blood pools in your body making you achy or sluggish feeling. Moving your muscles is a great way to get your blood flowing and your lungs breathing fresh oxygen. Even if all you do is walk around the house a little, it will still make you feel better.
- Spend some time in Nature: Taking a walk in the woods, or sitting in a garden, and letting nature surround you is a great way to clear negative thoughts and feelings. In the summer I like to take a walk every evening to clear my head and reconnect with nature after a hectic day filled with work, activities, and emotions.
Negative energy can come from a few different sources. Some can be from other people, or a bad situation, or a psychic attack, or pain/injury, And other negative energy is manifested inside you. It is normal to have both positive and negative energy, it's only a problem when it becomes unbalanced. Another thing that can cause excess negative energy is caused by demonic forces. *If you believe you have a demonic entity in your house or a demonic entity possessing you, please seek professional help from an exorcist, or a paranormal specialist.*
If you are constantly looking at things in a negative way, you could develop a self defeating "I can't" type of personality. Pessimism can also be damaging on a magickal/spiritual level [as well]. Thoughts are more powerful than most people realize. This is because thoughts generate energy. Enough concentrated negative thought can cause negative things to happen. That is why it is so important to be optimistic. If it looks as if something negative is going to happen, instead of dwelling on it, take measures to prevent it. Regarding magical practices, you must believe that you have the ability to manifest what you need. Otherwise, your negative thoughts can cancel out your efforts.
Besides the tips above, there are other ways to prevent too much negative energy from invading your space, such as thinking/acting positively, smiling, and using a shield. Making sure you are shielded before you enter a potentially negative situation is the best way to prevent negative energy from sticking to you. But it can also be put on at any time. (If you always feel crappy/negative after work, or after having dinner with your family, then put a shield on before entering those situations. If you find yourself feeling overwhelmed or stressed out when at a party or in the grocery store, excuse yourself to the bathroom or your car, and place a shield on yourself.)
1. To make a shield you first have to breath deeply and relax trying to clear your mind as much as possible. 2. 2. Next, Envision a pure white light surrounding your entire body, and let it slowly form into a solid bubble or a shield.
3. Fix this white light/bubble in place in your mind, then take another deep breath.
4. Then when you are placed in a negative situation, envision all the black energy dissolving once it touches your shield, and don't let any of it penetrate the shield.
5. If you are placing the shield on after you were already exposed to a negative situation, then while you are envisioning the light surrounding you in step 2, envision the black energy dissolving away as the white light comes into contact with it.
One of the best ways to remove negative energy is through various forms of meditation.
1. Transcendental Meditation: The word “Transcendental” contains the word “Transcend” – and by using this form of meditation, a person really can transcend the negativity that tends to build up and feel overwhelming at times. In a nutshell, you sit or lie comfortably, and witness the world going by, with your eyes closed. You focus on your breathing, and you listen to the sounds of birds singing, ocean waves crashing, or the wind rustling in the trees – if you live in the city, you could listen to the swooshing of traffic passing beneath your window.
In Transcendental meditation, you prevent yourself from thinking any specific thoughts by using a sound or mantra to transport you back to the simple act of relaxed witness of the world you inhabit. When you’re using this form of meditation to remove negativity, try using the mantra “I am well” or “All is light” to keep moving positive feelings into your personal space.
Walking meditation is not difficult – in fact, it is one of the easiest forms of meditation and one of the best for beginners. Once you learn how to do it, you can take advantage of it anywhere – while moving from your car to the front entryway of your office, or on longer walks, out in nature.