Like most Wiccans/Pagans, I have a love affair with Natural Products. Natural Beauty Products, Natural Food, Natural Fabrics, Natural Cleaning Products, etc.
After all, many Wicca practitioners use natural products every day, such as Crystals, Wood, Salt, Water, etc.
The Essence of the NPA Natural Standard
The NPA natural standard is based on natural ingredients, safety, responsibility and sustainability.
- Natural Ingredients: A product labeled "natural" should be made up of only, or at least almost only, natural ingredients and be manufactured with appropriate processes to maintain ingredient purity.
- Safety: A product labeled "natural" should avoid any ingredient with a suspected human health risk.
- Responsibility: A product labeled "natural" should use no animal testing in its development.
- Sustainability: A product labeled "natural" should use biodegradable ingredients and the most environmentally sensitive packaging.
Under The Natural Standard for Personal Care Products, allowed ingredients come from or are made from a renewable resource found in nature (flora, fauna, mineral), with absolutely no petroleum compounds.
I even had a 'Save the Bees' Birthday party a few years ago, and I featured products from Burt's Bees as well as all Natural whole foods that were pollinated by bees.
Anyway, this blog post is quickly becoming all about Burt's Bees... and there is good reason, because they inspired me to write this post.
A few weeks ago I participated in a Haiku writing on Burt's Bees Facebook, and they must have liked my Valentine's Burt's Bees poem because I got a package from them thanking me for participating. :)
- A Thank You Note
- A Pomegranate T-Shirt (100% Organic Cotton)
- Tinted Lip Balm (Hibiscus)
- Replenishing Lip Balm (With Pomegranate)
- Coconut Foot Cream
- Peach & Willow-bark Scrub
- Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
What is your Favorite Natural Product and Why?